MedStar Seeking Special Kids for Trick or Treat Event
Know a child who would like to go out on Halloween for Trick or Treat, but needs medical support to be able to do so??
MedStar is offering to take one or two children - with their family - out for Halloween to a Fort Worth neighborhood that might not normally be able to do so due to medical restrictions.
The child will be picked up at home, brought to a specially selected neighborhood in a MedStar ambulance and escorted through the neighborhood on one of our stretchers and returned after their bag is full!
Click here to see the NBC 5 news coverage of our 2013 event with Zala.
Click here to see the CBS 11 news coverage of our 2013 event with Zala.
A MedStar paramedic and EMT will accompany the child from door to door and assist with collecting all the goodies!
To nominate a child for this event, contact Matt Zavadsky at MZavadsky@medstar911.org or by phone at 817-991-4487.
Nomination deadline is Monday, October 20th
- Date of event will be October 31st, between 7p and 9p
- Child and parents should live, or be temporarily residing in the MedStar service area
- Children in a hospital, or other medical facility are eligible. We will coordinate with the facility.
- Child should be between 5 and 15 years old
- Child and parents should be willing to share their experience with media partners and sign a photo release
- MedStar shall make the final determination of clinical appropriateness for participation
Posted on Tue, September 23, 2014
by Matt Zavadsky