NBC - 5 shares MedStar earthquake safety tips
Click Here to view the story
MedStar Tips for Earthquake Preparations and Management
Printable Earthquake Safety Tips
- Take a basic First Aid class and have basic first aid supplies in a secure location in your home or office
- Ice packs
- Splinting material
- Plan to be safe by creating a disaster plan and deciding how you will communicate in an emergency.
- Secure your space by identifying hazards and securing moveable items.
- Organize disaster supplies in convenient locations.
- Non-perishable food & snacks
- Portable radio
- Consider becoming part of a Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Drop, Cover, and Hold On when the earth shakes.
- If possible, move to an open area – away from building, bridges, etc.
- Improve safety after earthquakes by evacuating if necessary, helping the injured, and preventing further injuries or damage.
For more information, visit FEMA Earthquake Safety at:
Posted on Sat, September 3, 2016
by Matt Zavadsky