Emergency Medical Technician Course Information
February 10, 2020 – April 29, 2020 (Traditional Classroom Course):
Mondays and Wednesdays 9am – 6pm
Application Deadline: 12:00 on January 17, 2020
To Apply for the EMT course, please click the link below.
Notice of conditional acceptance to the course will be received by student on or before January 17, 2020 prior to close of business.
MedStar Mobile Healthcare and the MedStar Mobile Healthcare EMS Education Program offer Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification programs. These courses are designed to train an individual to function independently in a medical emergency. These courses provide the knowledge and skills needed to deliver Basic Life Support (BLS) care and is required to progress to more advanced levels of pre-hospital patient care. The course requires classroom attendance, skills instruction, and Clinical/Field rotations (in the hospital and on the ambulance – scheduled outside of normal class times). Texas EMT certification requires successful completion of a standardized cognitive and psychomotor skills examination, in addition to passing the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians certification exam.
- Must be 18 years old.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Successful completion of a background investigation to determine suitability for certification and a negative drug screening.
- Student MUST HAVE A CLEAR CRIMINAL BACKGROUND.
- Successful completion of an entry level examination measuring the areas of reading, writing and mathematics. (Unless applicant has military background or can provide college transcripts).
- Proof of immunizations for:
- Tdap Booster (one dose as an adult) within the last 10 years.
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) immunization documentation of 2 doses or positive titers.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) vaccine or proof of titer
- Hepatitis B immunization (3-shot series) or positive titer
- negative TB skin test or chest x-ray within 1 year.
- Students will need proof of current health insurance
- Note: Titers showing positive immunity to the diseases will be acceptable.
- Tuition: $1300.00 (includes: textbook, online lab access, online learning resources, malpractice insurance, and uniform shirt)
- If selected for the program:
- Costs: If selected for the program, $450 due by January 31, 2020. Second payment ($450) due February 21, 2020. Third/final payment ($400) due March 13, 2020.
- Textbook: Textbook, online resources, and online lab are included in tuition and will be provided at the mandatory orientation session.
- Student will be responsible to pay any testing fees assessed by the State of Texas and/or the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians at the conclusion of the course.
- Student is responsible for the cost of the background investigation and drug screening (conducted through a MedStar contracted service).
FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE after the first class day.
Student will be responsible to pay any testing fees assessed by the State of Texas and/or the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians at the conclusion of the course.
Student is responsible for the cost of the background investigation and drug screening (conducted through a MedStar contracted service approx. $88 for both)
This class is designed for individuals that are (or have): mature adults, self-motivated, have strong time mgmt. skills, strong reading and comprehension skills, and are proficient with computers.
CLASSES WILL BE HELD on location at MTAC located at 2900 Alta Mere Dr., Fort Worth, TX, 76116. Homework assignments will be completed online.
For more info, please submit a contact form and choose “EMS Education Classes” as the “Topic” dropdown here
Future Course Dates: TBD