MedStar’s crews continue to meet the COVID-19 challenges head-on in support of the community.
- In partnership with Tarrant County Public Health (TCPH), our Mobile Integrated Healthcare (MIH) teams continue to conduct drive-by COVID-19 testing for healthcare workers, first responders and others at our HQ facility in Fort Worth. Weekday mornings between 8 and 9, an average of 15 people come by for testing.
- Also in partnership with TCPH, MIH teams conduct in-home COVID-19 testing for people who are not able to leave their homes.
- Working with local and state public health officials on potential strategies to administer COVID-19 vaccines, once available.
- Our MIH team receives referrals from community organizations like Meals on Wheels and the United Way of Tarrant County for home-bound people who appear to need a medical evaluation.
- Providing mobile flu clinics to help increase the number of people vaccinated for the influenza virus.
- In partnership with the City of Fort Worth and area hospitals, we provide transportation home from the hospital for COVID-19 suspected patients who do not need an ambulance, but do not have other options available, since many ride share agencies will not provide transportation to confirmed or suspected COVID-19 patients.
- In partnership with TCPH, providing on-site education about safe infection control practices for healthcare and business facilities.
- Providing medically necessary ambulance services moving patients from hospitals that are nearing maximum capacity to other hospitals with capacity.
We are thankful to our local media outlets for profiling many of these activities in the news reports linked below: